4354 South Newstead Road
In 1906 the original home and outbuildings served as a collection and holding site for area farmers to deliver their milk. The milk was then picked up to be taken to the Wheat’s Creamery plant in Akron.
Wheat’s Creamery was a company owned by Akron residents Louis and Ed Sutton. It manufactured ice cream, among other things. It was sold to National Dairy in 1927. This later became known as Sealtest.
In the 1930’s after the creamery had closed the home was updated into a more modern home.