The Anderson-Herring home at 8 Bloomingdale Avenue is a two and a half story Queen Anne Victorian frame house built between 1890 and 1900.
It was built by Louis Belger (an Akron builder) for John Anderson, a merchant tailor who also owned the barn behind it, which was converted to use as his tailor shop and is now a home.
Mr. Anderson was a native of Sweden who came to the United States as a journeyman at age 22 and first settled in Franklinville, N.Y. and then Churchville, New York where he married. He progressed in his profession to the point where he successfully bought out the business his boss owned and then moved to Akron in 1890.
In later years the house was sold to a succession of doctors-Dr. Pringle, Dr. Quinby and finally Dr. Stanbury.
Dr. Stanbury was a native of Canada who graduated from the University of Toronto in 1928. He practiced medicine at Buffalo City Hospital from 1928-1936 when he moved to Akron. In 1941 he married a Newstead native, Marjorie Beeman.
From 1936 (until his retirement in 1971), in addition to his regular practice he served as the Tonawanda Reservation physician as well as the Akron Central School physician. This was interrupted by his service in the Army Medical Corps in World War II where he was discharged as a Major in 1946.
In the years following the sale of the house in 1971 the home has been owned by three subsequent owners who have highlighted and maintained its elegant Victorian features.